An upscale lodging facility in the Northern Ohio Vacationland minutes from Lake Erie and Cedar Point
We serve breakfast available with made-from-scratch Belgium Waffles, French Toast (including the optional "stuffed" French Toast) made from wonderfully flavored breads from local bakeries, and Omelets along with fresh fruit, local bacon, fresh ground - fresh brewed coffee, a large selection of teas, premium orange juice, whole grain breads and locally baked treats. Feel free to make special requests.
Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Other times can be arranged upon request. Your breakfast will be served fresh at the time you select- so please be prompt!
Today's travelers are spending smarter and desiring a unique experience. I assure my guests of a high level of comfort in an historical setting with modern amenities (flat screen TVs, wireless internet, sufficient electrical outlets, etc.) Along with premium bedding, spa robes/towels, early check–in/late check–out, superb breakfasts – at a time of your choosing and many complimentary items (wine, soda pop, snacks, etc.).
Rent The Entire Inn!
The Victorian Tudor Inn is now providing the opportunity to rent the Inn and all public spaces for your family and friends. You receive:
- Five suites with six bedrooms; bed space for fifteen or eighteen with roll away bed and queen size air mattress provided
- Five large bathrooms in each suite; two with Jacuzzis, all with showers, three with bathtubs
- hot tub room which accommodates eight people
- Fully stocked beautifully remodeled kitchen with granite and wood encased appliances; two ovens, one convection, stove top, sub zero refrigerator/freezer, dual sinks and cabinets containing wedgewood, lenox, and noritake china dishes and serving pieces, complete sets of silverware, tumblers and wine glasses and dozens of kitchen utensils and pots/pans. Along with a keurig, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc.
- Beautiful parlor, dinning room, kitchen, large front porch and landscaped yard all for your private use.
- A historic neighborhood, city park with a wonderful jogging park three blocks away, a new performing arts center four blocks away, the largest railroad museum in Ohio five blocks away. And other museum and points of interests within a fifteen minute drive. And Cedar Point is eighteen miles.
- Nine restaurants within four blocks, and another four within a five minute drive
- A full service made to order breakfast for all guests, dietary restrictions always honored.
$875 for fifteen guests, each additional guest is $20.
Please call Richard at 419-483-1949 for additional information and reservations.
- Tripadvisor.com (4.5 out of 5 with over 40 reviews)
- BedandBreakfast.com (4.7 out of 5, with over 250 reviews)
- Jun 2017 My sisters and I stayed here for our annual Sisters Weekend and it was fantastic. The accommodations were perfect for us and the host was just outstanding.
- Mar 2017 Large suite, was upgraded by management to suite with Jacuzzi. Did not eat meals so cannot comment but service good and the interior of this 100+ yr old home is to be seen.
- Mar 2017 we carefully selected The Victorian Tudor Inn based on their reviews and what they offered and our previous stay years ago. . We were not at all disappointed. The Inn is BEAUTIFUL, very unique with special appointments, especially the antiques and furniture; unlike any B & B we have stayed at.
- Feb 2017 Home is beautiful, lots of antiques and themed rooms. Well worth the stay, good breakfast Richard is a great innkeeper/Caretaker of the home. Enjoy
This home, "… the prettiest in the city" (Bellevue Gazette, 1908), was designed by the famous Fremont, Ohio architect, S. H. Shively, for Newton and Moina Greenslade. The Greenslades were prominent business and civic leaders, and board member's of the city's First National Bank, a present day thriving bank. The Bellevue Greenslades were not only banking entrepreneurs, but also military leaders, such as Admiral John W. Greenslade, who held various crucial WW II appointments, including Commandant of the Navy's Twelfth Naval District.
The house is located in the prestigious and historical W. Main St. of Bellevue, Ohio, founded in 1815. Bellevue has the unique fame of being the home to Henry Flagler and Stephen Harkness. It was in Bellevue these two industrialists met John D. Rockefeller, a salesmen at that time. This relationship led to the founding of the Standard Oil Company as well as various railroads. Bellevue is located in the north central Vacationland area of Ohio. It's convenient location is approximately an hour from either Toledo or Cleveland and minutes from the Lake Erie shore including Sandusky, the Cedar Point Amusement Park and major indoor water parks. Its location provides a plethora of opportunities to antique, visit surrounding specialty shops, taverns, and unique restaurants. Wonderful museums and historical attractions dot the surrounding community, including Bellevue's Mad River and NKP Railroad Museum and Lyme Village. Additionally just minutes away is the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, the seven building Milan Historical Museum, the Merry–Go–Round Museum, Thomas Edison's boyhood home, and the Fostoria and Tiffin Glass Museums, just to name a few (refer to the "Area Activities and Attractions" page for more listings).
The Victorian Tudor Inn is in a wonderful location to experience day trips to most of Northern and Central Ohio. Guests can rest comfortably in our relaxed elegance in a safe community. Start off your day with our invigorating, fresh and healthy breakfast as you embark to the Amish country, or the nationally recognized Toledo Museum of Art, or the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, or even a sailing venture on Lake Erie (see our "Special Packages" page). Wherever your day's outing may go, you can return and rest on The Victorian Tudor Inn's spacious porch, surrounded by 70" towering Oak Trees in the front yard, enjoying our continuous special refreshments.
Bellevue is fortunate to have five full–service locally owned restaurants, all within minutes of the Inn. They include an Italian, a German, a Mexican, a Steak/Fish Sports Bar and our wonderful local golf course dining room. All but one also have bar/cocktail areas.
Our Inn features five bedrooms in four suites, all appointed with genuine period antiques, hand woven oriental carpets, Victorian era and other fine furniture and each with a private bath. Your host has traveled across the country and internationally for nearly thirty years amassing a wonderful array of antiques for you to enjoy (refer to "About Your Innkeeper" page). Additionally, our Inn provides several public areas. The Victorian Tudor Inn, while quite beautiful, is not a museum, and your host wants you to take pleasure in its offerings and functionally use and appreciate what it has to offer. Antique china, fine silver and sterling, and beautiful glass is used through out the day by our guests. Please refer to our "Amenities" page for a thorough listing of what The Victorian Tudor Inn provides you.
Our family has resided in Bellevue and north central Ohio for over a century. The Victorian Tudor Inn is a family run bed and breakfast, and you, as our guest, become part of our family. It is our desire to have you return often to your "home away from home". Our vast knowledge in our community and surrounding towns and cities will be invaluable in helping you design your trips and fulfill your needs and desires. We will provide you with first class concierge service, including maps and the inside "scoop" about our area that only the locals know. We make every attempt to accommodate your requests and to even anticipate them before you know you know them (for example, providing complimentary postage for all your post cards; maybe even for The Victorian Tudor Inn's postcard that you want to mail to family and friends!).