An upscale lodging facility in the Northern Ohio Vactionland minutes from Lake Erie and Cedar Point
We serve breakfast available with made-from-scratch Belgium Waffles, French Toast (including the optional "stuffed" French Toast) made from wonderfully flavored breads from local bakeries, and Omeletes along with fresh fruit, local bacon, fresh ground - fresh brewed coffee, a large selection of teas, premium orange juice, whole grain breads and locally baked treats. Feel free to make special requests.
Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Other times can be arranged upon request. Your breakfast will be served fresh at the time you select- so please be prompt!
Today's travelers are spending smarter and desiring a unique experience. I assure my guests of a high level of comfort in an historical setting with modern amenities (flat screen TVs, wireless internet, sufficient electrical outlets, etc.) Along with premium bedding, spa robes/towels, early check–in/late check–out, superb breakfasts – at a time of your choosing and many complimentary items (wine, soda pop, snacks, etc.).
- Tripadvisor.com (4.5 out of 5 with 38 reviews)
- July 2015 The Victorian Tudor Inn is a truly delightful place. The location is close to Lake Erie for fishing, island hopping and enjoying what the area has to offer. Victorian Tudor Inn is also close to Cedar Point.
- Aug 2014 The host was the greatest. And the breakfast was absolutely amazing.
- BedandBreakfast.com (4.8 out of 5, with over 220 reviews)
- Feb 2016 This is the best inn I've ever stayed at. Their inn is filled with interesting stuff. Rooms are very cozy. Breakfast was superb. Service was great. The owner is intelligent and a great conversationalist. I'd rate the Victorian Tudor Inn five stars. Highly recommended.
- July 2015 The individualized service that was provided per my request for my fiance's birthday (it was a busy weekend!) was great and unexpected
- June 2015 Owner is very friendly, professional, and passionate about this place. The house was very clean. Rooms were awesome. Breakfast was delicious and homemade.
- April 2015 We loved that we had a beautiful room and that it was located on the BOTTOM floor.
- April 2015 I visited this B&B with my children and a friend… and it was nothing short of awesome, comfort and care!!!
- Feb 2015 This Inn was the perfect respite. Beautifully decorated, large private bathroom, comfortable gorgeous bed and delicious refreshments and warm breakfasts.
This home, "… the prettiest in the city" (Bellevue Gazette, 1908), was designed by the famous Fremont, Ohio architect, S. H. Shively, for Newton and Moina Greenslade. The Greenslades were prominent business and civic leaders, and board member's of the city's First National Bank, a present day thriving bank. The Bellevue Greenslades were not only banking entrepreneurs, but also military leaders, such as Admiral John W. Greenslade, who held various crucial WW II appointments, including Commandant of the Navy's Twelfth Naval District.
The house is located in the prestigious and historical W. Main St. of Bellevue, Ohio, founded in 1815. Bellevue has the unique fame of being the home to Henry Flagler and Stephen Harkness. It was in Bellevue these two industrialists met John D. Rockefeller, a salesmen at that time. This relationship led to the founding of the Standard Oil Company as well as various railroads. Bellevue is located in the north central Vacationland area of Ohio. It's convenient location is approximately an hour from either Toledo or Cleveland and minutes from the Lake Erie shore including Sandusky, the Cedar Point Amusement Park and major indoor water parks. Its location provides a plethora of opportunities to antique, visit surrounding specialty shops, taverns, and unique restaurants. Wonderful museums and historical attractions dot the surrounding community, including Bellevue's Mad River and NKP Railroad Museum and Lyme Village. Additionally just minutes away is the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, the seven building Milan Historical Museum, the Merry–Go–Round Museum, Thomas Edison's boyhood home, and the Fostoria and Tiffin Glass Museums, just to name a few (refer to the "Area Activities and Attractions" page for more listings).
The Victorian Tudor Inn is in a wonderful location to experience day trips to most of Northern and Central Ohio. Guests can rest comfortably in our relaxed elegance in a safe community. Start off your day with our invigorating, fresh and healthy breakfast as you embark to the Amish country, or the nationally recognized Toledo Museum of Art, or the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, or even a sailing venture on Lake Erie (see our "Special Packages" page). Wherever your day's outing may go, you can return and rest on The Victorian Tudor Inn's spacious porch, surrounded by 70" towering Oak Trees in the front yard, enjoying our continuous special refreshments.
Bellevue is fortunate to have five full–service locally owned restaurants, all within minutes of the Inn. They include an Italian, a German, a Mexican, a Steak/Fish Sports Bar and our wonderful local golf course dining room. All but one also have bar/cocktail areas.
Our Inn features five bedrooms in four suites, all appointed with genuine period antiques, hand woven oriental carpets, Victorian era and other fine furniture and each with a private bath. Your host has traveled across the country and internationally for nearly thirty years amassing a wonderful array of antiques for you to enjoy (refer to "About Your Innkeeper" page). Additionally, our Inn provides several public areas. The Victorian Tudor Inn, while quite beautiful, is not a museum, and your host wants you to take pleasure in its offerings and functionally use and appreciate what it has to offer. Antique china, fine silver and sterling, and beautiful glass is used through out the day by our guests. Please refer to our "Amenities" page for a thorough listing of what The Victorian Tudor Inn provides you.
Our family has resided in Bellevue and north central Ohio for over a century. The Victorian Tudor Inn is a family run bed and breakfast, and you, as our guest, become part of our family. It is our desire to have you return often to your "home away from home". Our vast knowledge in our community and surrounding towns and cities will be invaluable in helping you design your trips and fulfill your needs and desires. We will provide you with first class concierge service, including maps and the inside "scoop" about our area that only the locals know. We make every attempt to accommodate your requests and to even anticipate them before you know you know them (for example, providing complimentary postage for all your post cards; maybe even for The Victorian Tudor Inn's postcard that you want to mail to family and friends!).